- ASSP Central Florida Chapter Meeting - August 2021
August 2, 2021
11:30 am - 1:00 pm
As the number of states that are legalizing medical and recreational marijuana use grows, businesses need to prepare for how these changes may impact the workplace. This discussion will cover effective strategies to deal with this in the workplace.
Come join us as we discuss:
• How medical marijuana use is impacting the workplace and current trends
• What OSHA and the DOT say about medical marijuana usage in the workplace
• Best practices in dealing with medical marijuana use in the workplace
• How an organization can implement an effective Drug Testing Program in states with medical & recreational marijuana laws
Our speaker will be Phillip Russell who is Board Certified in labor and employment law by the Florida Bar. He is a practical labor and employment lawyer who represents businesses in a wide range of labor and employment law matters, including workplace safety and health (OSHA), traditional labor relations (staying union-free), unfair competition and trade secrets litigation, employment litigation defense, and advising and counseling employers on workplace legal compliance issues. Phillip represents clients in the construction, staffing, technology, manufacturing, banking, and other industries. He is also a nationally recognized speaker and author on labor and employment law issues.
Phillip has 25 years of practicing law. He learned his law degree from Stetson University and has B.S. Management and M.S. Economics degrees from Georgia Tech.