At Robins & Morton, Building With Purpose is more than a tagline, it’s our promise to our clients, our partners and our people. It is our shared commitment to delivering exceptional results and having a positive, lasting impact on the communities where we live and work.
When you’re a part of our team, you’re a part of a family. We work together to reach our collective goals while ensuring that each team member has the resources and opportunities to achieve their personal aspirations. After 75 years of business, we’ve grown to eight offices with more than 150 projects in 16 states, and we’re consistently recognized the among the nation’s top 100 builders. That’s simply the result of recognizing our purpose and empowering our people to find theirs, too. Find more than a career at Robins & Morton: find your purpose.
We are looking for an innovative, experienced Project Safety Manager to help maintain our culture of safety commitment to each other. Specifically, the Project Safety Manager will devote him/herself to the effective administration of the R&M Safety Management System, helping us to maintain a safe and healthy work environment.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job)
* Stop any observed imminent danger event/activity immediately without consultation.
* Conduct/document in-depth safety training with hourly employees corresponding to work tasks.
* Ensure implementation of project fair accountability procedures.
* Complete “Weekly Project Safety Synopsis” and distribute to VP of Safety Operations and OM.
* Assist in claims management process.
* Perform additional duties agreed upon by VP of Safety Operations and project team provided additional duties do not interfere or inhibit performance of required duties.
* Participate in preconstruction safety meetings to analyze and effectively prepare for risk issues.
* Participate in trade partner safe-start meetings prior to their mobilization on site.
* Participate in and/or conduct site wide safety meeting each week.
* Review trade partner safety submittals to ensure compliance with regulation and scope of work.
* Conduct regular (daily) jobsite and work area assessments for at risk behaviors, unsafe conditions, public protection, ICRA/ILSM and additional project risk. Ensure corrective actions are communicated, understood, implemented and documented.
* As warranted, initiate meeting to address endemic items of non-compliance trade partner(graduated levels of participation; project team; OM; corporate safety director; etc.).
* Assist in assessment of all project incidents (WC/GL/Near Hits) and ensure proper records are completed and submitted (Root Cause Analysis).
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM: (Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job)
* Preferably, a bachelor’s degree or higher in in safety management or equivalent comparable certification in safety & health (ex. CHST, ASP, CSP).
* A recent 10 years of work history that includes at least 5 years that have been dedicated solely to building construction safety preferable with a commercial GC/CM.
* Practical knowledge, working experience, and documented continuing education in areas such as fall protection, scaffolding, excavations, confined spaces, crane/equipment operations, electrical, incident analysis, human performance principles, OSHA 510 certification, and other such safety/health related training. An OSHA 10/30 Construction Outreach or OSHA 510 certification will not be acceptable proof for this training requirement. For each area of education identified above, the candidate shall possess a certificate of completion from an accredited training agency dated within four years (ex OSHA Training Institute courses).
* Evidenced specialized training for Emergency First Aid, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) & Automatic External Defibrillator (AED) current to within 2 years.
* Preferably, bi-Lingual (English/Spanish).
Robins & Morton is a privately held construction firm based in Birmingham, Alabama, with offices in Charlotte, Dallas, Huntsville, Miami, Nashville, Orlando and San Antonio. The firm specializes in the construction of healthcare, hospitality, higher education, entertainment, sports and government buildings. Since 1946, the firm has built a reputation as a trusted advisor to clients nationwide by cultivating a high-performing team that values integrity, safety, and innovative thinking. Robins & Morton is consistently ranked as one of the top 100 contractors in the United States, and one of the top 15 in the Southeast.
Contact Jeff Palombo, Safety Director – email@example.com